Sunday, June 13, 2010

BeerBeary: Jaz Beer Viral Videos

A colleague recently sent me some links about some local viral videos which I personally think has been really well executed. The videos feature a girl speaking in local Cantonese about beer. In the first episode, she talks about how many beers before one fails a breathalyzer test. I bet not many people know (not even myself!) that all it takes is 2 bottles of beer to exceed the local alcohol limit of 0.05%.


In the second episode, she teaches one how to cheat on a breathalyzer test during a roadblock after a night out. I really can relate to the fact that all the methods shown are commonly used by drinkers to make them think that they can cheat the breathalyzer test on their way back home. Key message at the end of this video is that no matter what method you try, you can't cheat on the breathalyzer test and is always better to call a cab, or ask a friend for a ride home if you have drank more than you should. A clever way to entice you watch the video to begin with.


In the third episode, she give tips on how to open a beer bottle without a bottle opener. I think that this is probably my favourite video because I find it useful and not to mention, you can show off to your friends as well.


In summary, I think these videos are brilliant because of:
  1. Local content which people can appreciate and relate. The way the girl presents it makes it seem natural and unscripted to a certain extend.
  2. Clever product placement and branding. Very minimal and not "in your face", but yet people notice the brand.
  3. Content is surprisingly educational. Who would have thought you can educate the public about the dangers of drunk driving this way.
  4. The hot girl...obviously

No comments:

Post a Comment