- "A brand is a person's gut feeling about a product, service or organization." - Marty Neumeier
- Branding is about building trust and interactions.
- Everyday people like yourselves are brands - publishing, creating content - having the ability to share and influence others. Celebrities like Oprah Winfrey who is highly influential, are brands.
- Everyone on the web has influence.
The 5 B's of Buliding Brand U.0
- Be Ubiquitous: Create multiple streams of "you"
- - If you're really serious about building a personal brand, you got to figure out which one works for you. If you're going to be on Facebook, how are you going to use that? If you're on LinkedIn, how are you going to use that?
- Be Social: Effectively manage your "social systems"
- - You got to figure out how to effectively use these social network and these tools to create our own social system, that aligns with our personal brand and make the most of it.
- Be Interesting: Write, photograph, share, give
- - Share what you know. Write and share the things that you see to make it interesting.
- Be remarkable: Do something worthy of a remark
- Be yourself: Let your personality shine through
- - Personality has to be true to who you are as an individual.